Visit Historic Mays Landing and surrounding area
- The Township of Hamilton and the Greater Historic Mays Landing Area are centrally located in Southern New Jersey (South Jersey to locals) and close to many famous tourism destinations. Only minutes away from Atlantic City, Historic Cape May, and Philadelphia.
- Stay at one of our Bed & Breakfast lodgings Inn at Sugar Hill on the Egg Harbor River. It has hometown appeal and offers a rested feeling after a full day of adventure.
- Enjoy a picnic at one of our parks – War Memorial Park, Weymouth Furnace Park, Lake Lenape Park or Estell Manor Park. Spend a day on the sand under the sun at the Lenape Cove where you can swim and soak up the rays all day. Kayak along the scenic Great Egg Harbor River.
- If a little history is what you are looking for, visit the Little Red School House for artifacts and a step back in time.
- Wine sampling at the many local wineries are within a half hour drive … climb the tallest New Jersey Lighthouse … walk inside the world’s largest elephant “Lucy the Elephant” … plus much, much more.
- Wine and Food Festivals 753 Park Road Mays Landing, NJ 08330 Map Directions to Lake Lenape Park East
- If more adventure is what you are looking for, Atlantic City is just 25 minutes away. Top entertainment appears throughout the year at many of the 12 casinos. Dine at world-class restaurants or play your favorite slots or table games. Walk the boardwalk, take a ride in one of the famous Boardwalk Rolling Carts or spend the day at the beach.
Also know as Main Street and Harding Highway in Mays Landing. U.S. Route 40 (US 40), also known as the Main Street of America, is an east–west United States Highway. As with most routes whose numbers end in a zero, US 40 once traversed the entire United States.
Route 40 is one of the first U.S. Highways created in 1926 and its original termini were in San Francisco, California and Atlantic City, New Jersey. In the western United States, US 40 was functionally replaced by Interstate 80 (I-80), resulting in the route being truncated multiple times. US 40 currently ends at a junction with I-80 in Silver Summit, Utah, just outside Park City.
109 State Highway 50
Mays Landing, NJ 08330609-645-5960 or 625-1897Park Hours: 7:30 am to dusk
Lake Lenape Park Post Card
Lake Lenape Park East
Celebrate Hamilton’s 200 years at HOMETOWN CELEBRATION
South Jersey Wine and Food Festival 753 Park Road
Mays Landing, NJ 08330
Map Directions to Lake Lenape Park East