The Fall Fest Scarecrow contest returns for 2018. Make a scarecrow that highlights your creativity and interests. It could be a traditional scarecrow, a scarecrow version of your favorite character, or a character of your own design. There will be three cash prizes for the 2018 Best Fall Fest Scarecrow: third place wins $50, second place wins $75, and the first place winner will take home $100.
Sign up for the 2018 Fall Fest Scarecrow Contest by submitting your name and contact information in the form below. Be sure to follow our Guidelines and Requirements for creating your scarecrow to be considered for judging.
2018 Fall Fest Scarecrow Contest Guidelines and Requirements
- Use your most creative ideas within the bounds of the acceptable public display. Remember, this is a community celebration. The goal is to generate goodwill and a festive atmosphere.
- Please construct your scarecrow for durability. You do not want your hard work blowing around town or wilting after a rain. You may use chicken wire, corn husks and stalks, straw, rubber form and other lasting products that will hold their shape after wind and rain. Your Scarecrow will be on display from the Friday night before the festival through October 31st.
- Please make sure that accessories or scarecrow do not extend in such a way as to be hazardous to pedestrians or parked cars.
- You are responsible for getting your creation to the County Seat Florist Main Street and Route 50 by 6:P.M on Thursday, October 25th. The earliest you may set up your scarecrow is the Thursday before the festival. Judging will be after 6 P.M. on Friday the day before the festival. Please make sure your scarecrow is made in a way that its frame can be secured to a lamppost or tree with zip ties.
- Winners will be announced on Saturday, October 27th at 3 PM at the Fall Festival at War Memorial Park on Main Street and Route 50 Mays Landing and posted on Mays Landing Facebook Page facebook.com/mayslandingmerchantsassociation.
- Creators must remove their scarecrow from the park by 6 PM on November 1st, 2018, if they wish to keep them. Scarecrows left after that time will be removed by the Merchants Association.
- Any questions please email email@example.com.